Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Finish on the Back and Sides Finally

pic of guitar back
I finally got tru-oil on the back and sides (see above) after a semi-long process of pore filling with LMI wood filler, tru-oil sealer, more pore filling, more sealing, then sanding from 220 - 320 - 400 - 600 grit. Now I have a nice, smooth surface. I didn't fill the pores on the neck - for one thing, it was a bit of a pain to do, but mainly I like the look as it is.

The photo at the right is what the back looked like before I started this finish process. I'm using the directions from LMI which seem pretty complete to me. Not sure I'll get to the final polishing until after we get back from Thanksgiving in Maine.

Now, I'm waiting for the first coat of tru-oil to dry (about 2 hrs) so I can sand/buff and put on another one before bedtime.

over and out

Chris


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment